Half Day State Pre-School Programs
Our Half Day Preschool Program adheres to the philosophy that children learn best when they are involved as initiators and active participants in their own learning. In the program, children are provided an environment that is nurturing, physically, and emotionally safe. Our preschools promote exploration and experimentation for all children while focusing social-emotional development and kindergarten readiness.
Overview of Program
- Ages 3-5 years old by December 1.
- 3-hour preschool program that prepares children for Kindergarten.
- Operates Monday-Friday.
- AM Session and PM sessions offered at each school site.
- Free services for low-income families who are eligible for state funding
- Services also available for families who do not qualify under state guidelines for a low monthly fee.
- Programs housed within elementary school sites.
- Program follows the Pasadena Unified School District Calendar for holiday closures.
*Preschool does not guarantee placement in the Elementary School for Kindergarten. It is the parents' responsibility to follow the district procedure for the school application process.