College Access Plan (CAP) helps PUSD students and families navigate the college process, supporting them from middle school through college graduation. At CAP, there are no requirements for participation, no barriers to higher education, and no limits to what students can achieve.
CAP serves students at all PUSD high schools and offers free drop-in college advising, whether students are interested in attending community college or a four-year college. We also offer two enrolled courses: a College Essay Writing Intensive for seniors in the fall, and a College 101 for Juniors workshop series in the spring.
Our doors are always open to any student to:
● Explore career pathways and college majors
● Understand their options for life after high school
● Craft a college and/or professional resume
● Identify colleges that match their interests and needs
● Work on college applications
● Write and review personal statements and college essays
● Submit financial aid applications (FAFSA and CA Dream Act)
● Identify and apply to scholarships
● Compare financial aid offers
● Navigate college enrollment
● Apply for pre-college summer programs
● Anything college-related!