Our Half Day Embedded Instruction Preschool Program adheres to the philosophy that children learn best when they are involved as initiators and active participants in their own learning. In the program, children are provided an environment that is nurturing, physically, and emotionally safe. Our preschools promote exploration and experimentation for all children while focusing on social-emotional development and kindergarten readiness.
Overview of Program
- Ages 3-5 years old by December 1.
- 3-hour preschool program that prepares children for Kindergarten.
- Operates Monday-Friday.
- AM sessions and PM sessions are offered at each school site.
- Free services for low-income families who are eligible for state funding
- Programs are housed within elementary school sites.
- The program follows the Pasadena Unified School District Calendar for holiday closures.
*Preschool does not guarantee placement in the Elementary School for Kindergarten. It is the parent's responsibility to follow the district procedure for the school application process.