We are now accepting applications for Pasadena USD Teacher Residency at Alder GSE! The application is short and there is no application fee.
This is an innovative and affordable pathway to a full-time teaching career in our community. In this residency you will:
- Earn your Master’s Degree and Teaching Credential* in one year through Alder Graduate School of Education.
- Apprentice four days a week with an expert teacher in your residency school.
- Learn within a cohort of peers with whom you will work (and laugh) all year, paving the way to becoming lifelong friends and colleagues.
- Build a relationship with an expert instructional leader in K–12 education, who will advise and support you through one-on-one observation and dialogue.
- Engage in critical conversations about diversity, equity, and inclusion with your mentor, instructors, and peers.
- Receive priority hiring at PUSD upon completing the program. Over 90% of graduates are hired into full time teaching positions.
- Do all of this at a cost that is affordable and includes financial support.
~$20.5K tuition (final tuition set in Dec. 2022 for the Class of 2024)
- Up to $20K stipend (Residents are not employees of the school)
- Up to $26,000 in state and federal grants for residents from all credential areas
- Up to $40K in federal financial aid/loans and the opportunity to apply for scholarships
- Master's Degree and Credential Priority hiring for a full-time position at the school of residency
Requirements / Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree completed by July 2023
- A grade point average (GPA) of 2.65 is preferred. Under 2.65 GPA should still apply.
- Eligible to work in the United States - DACA, permanent residency, US Citizen
More details for the 2023-2024 Residency Cohort:
PUSD is looking for qualified applicants in the subjects
- Multiple Subject TK, 6th-8th
- Multiple Subject (DLIP) Spanish, Mandarin, French, Armenian
- SPED TK-12
- Single Subject Math
- Single Subject Science (Physics)
- Single Subject World Language: Spanish
Key Admissions Dates
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT
Hanh Le (Director of Teacher Residency Programs and Human Resources)
Email:firstname.lastname@example.org | Phone Number: 626-396-3600 ext 88381
Dala Alvarez (Alder Admissions and Recruitment Manager)
Email: email@example.com | Phone Number: 650-313-4679Schedule a time to meet with them here calendly.com/dalaalvarezFall Deadline: Friday November 4, 2022.