Discover Dream Connect
Interactive & Fun workshops. Help create a connected and engaged PUSD community for children with disabilities.
October 11, 2023-5:30-7:30pm
Descubrir Sonar Conectar
Talleres interactivos y divertidos. Ayude a crear una comunidad del PUSD conectada y comprometida para niños con discapacidades.
11 de octubre 2023-5:30pm-7:30pm
WELCOME TO PUSD SPECIAL EDUCATION/SELPA:
The Pasadena Unified School District's Special Education Division is committed to the educational success of students who have disabilities. Our department provides services for students with disabilities from our Early Start (infant) through age 22 years in our Adult Transition and Workability programs.
The Special Education Division is committed to students and supporting them throughout the educational journey by establishing equitable programs and inclusive environments that ensure active participation in the learning process and prepares every individual for a successful and independent future after graduation.
We provide a caring, engaging, challenging educational experience for every student, every day in partnership with our families and communities.
Special Education Division Goals
- Build strong schools and parent relationships.
- Strengthen the IEP Process
- Improve learning and student outcomes
- Strengthen the partnerships with general education educators
- Performance Indicator Review 2018-19
- 19-20 SELPA Annual Budget and Service Plan
- 19-20 SPED contact list (Contact list for Parents)
- Prepare your Child with Special Needs for School Emergencies
- 20-21 Annual Service Plan-ALL SECTIONS
- Pasadena Unified SELPA 19.20 SEP Targeted 1
- Special Education SEP Plan
- 21-22 APPROVED Local Plan -Sections A, B,D,E, Certifications
- Transportation Contact Numbers
- 22-23 SY PUBLIC HEARING SELPA ANNUAL SERVICE & BUDGET PLAN
- 22-23 SY SELPA ANNUAL SERVICE & BUDGET PLAN
- Pasadena USD Independent Educational Evaluations (IEE) Guidelines
- Pasadena Unified SELPA 23-24 Letter - Local Plan Acceptance
- 23-24 SELPA Annual Budget and Service Plan -Section D and E (BR 132-B)
- 23-24 SELPA Annual Budget and Service Plan-Public Hearing Notice
- 23-24 Local Plan-Section A
- 23-24 Local Plan-Cert 3
- 23-24 Local Plan-Cert 4
- 23-24 Local Plan-Cert 5
- 23-24 SY SPED Org Chart REV. 10.3.23
- SPED Parent Contact Sheet for SPED Department
PUSD Main Office/Help Line:
For more information on our next CAC meeting, please click here or you email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dr. Jovan Jacobs
Associate Superintendent, Specialized Student Supp./SELPA
626-396-3600 ext. 88605
Ms. Alma Ellis
Director, Special Education
626-396-3600 ext. 88616
626-396-3600 ext. 88605
Contact Gig Phoong via email (email@example.com) cc: Elizabeth Schob (firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 626-405-9946.
- Monthly Awareness
This month we bring awareness to:
- International Wheelchair Day – March 1
- World Down Syndrome Day – March 21
- Purple Day for Epilepsy – March 26
- World Autism Awareness Week (UK) – March 29 – April 4
- Cerebral Palsy Awareness Month – March
- Developmental Disabilities Month – March
- Multiple Sclerosis Awareness Month – March
You are your child’s primary advocate. You are an essential member of the educational team that designs the school program that meets your child’s needs. Your firsthand, round-the-clock knowledge of your child is important information. We encourage you to ask questions and seek the information you need to make wise decisions about your child’s future.