What are Magnet Schools?
Magnet schools are public schools that offer innovative programs focused on an educational theme.
Pasadena Unified's unique program offerings include:
- Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics (STEAM and STEM)
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Early College and Career and Technical Education (CTE)
- Dual Language Immersion (Spanish, Mandarin, French, and Armenian)
- International Baccalaureate (IB)
Each magnet school integrates its unique theme throughout the academic program and the school environment for rich, meaningful learning experiences. Magnet schools also partner with business professionals, cultural institutions, local colleges, and community organizations in the field to provide hands-on experiences that boost achievement and engagement while preparing students for college and careers.
Magnet Schools are free and open to students within and outside of PUSD boundaries through our Open Enrollment system.
Office of Enrollment Services, Magnet and Community School Programs