Welcome To Special Education
The Pasadena Unified School District (PUSD) is committed to meeting the diverse needs of children. Special Education means specially designed instruction that is freely provided to individuals with exceptional needs. Our Special Education Department offers a variety of programs and services that adapt content, teaching methodology and delivery of instruction to meet the individual needs of each child. These services are of no cost to the family and are available to children until they reach 22 years of age.
This website is intended to provide basic information about special education services provided by Pasadena Unified School District as well as offer resources to parents.
Special Education Vision
The Special Education Division, is committed to students and supporting them throughout the educational journey by establishing equitable, programs and inclusive environments that ensure active participation in the learning process and prepares every individual for a successful and independent future after graduation.
Special Education Department Goals
Build strong schools and parent relationships.
Strengthen the IEP Process
Improve learning and student outcomes
Strengthen the partnerships with general education educators
Develop a 5-year plan to address priorities
Notice of Public Hearing
The California Department of Education (CDE) requires that each SELPA obtain approval for the Annual Budget and Service Plans following a Public Hearing by its governing board. The Pasadena Unified School District held a public hearing on Thursday, May 27, 2021 at 3:30 PM to review the 2021-2022 Annual Budget Plan, Annual Service Plan, and supporting attachments. (Originally posted May 12, 2021)
- Performance Indicator Review 2018-19
- 19-20 SELPA Annual Budget and Service Plan
- 19-20 SPED contact list (Contact list for Parents)
- Prepare your Child with Special Needs for School Emergencies
- 20-21 Annual Service Plan-ALL SECTIONS
- Current SELPA Local Plan-2007
- Pasadena Unified SELPA 19.20 SEP Targeted 1
- SPED Parent Newsletter-March 2021 (English)
- SPED Parent Newsletter-March 2021 (Spanish)
- Special Education SEP Plan
- 2021-2022 Org Chart
- Q & A from Board Special Meeting on 10-7-2021
The SELPA Local Plan was approved.
- In Progress/DRAFT PUSD SELPA Local Plan Section A for 2021-2022
- DRAFT PUSD SELPA Local Plan Section B for 2021-2022
- DRAFT PUSD SELPA Local Plan Section D Annual Budget Plan for 2021-2022
- DRAFT PUSD SELPA Local Plan Section E Annual Services Plan for 2021-2022
- DRAFT Attachments I to V and VII for 2021-2022
- DRAFT Attachment VI for 2021-2022
626-396-3600 Ext. 88600
Marco. A. Villegas, Ph.D.
Associate Superintendent, Specialized Student Support/ SELPA
626-396-3600 Ext. 88605
Jovan Jacobs, Ed.D.
Executive Director,Special Education
626-396-3600 Ext. 88616
Susan R. Allarid
626-396-3600 Ext. 88605
Record Requests, please fax your request to (626)405-9946.
You can also send your request to: Gig Phoong
You are your child’s primary advocate. You are an essential member of the educational team that designs the school program that meets your child’s needs. Your firsthand, round-the-clock knowledge of your child is important information. We encourage you to ask questions and seek the information you need to make wise decisions about your child’s future.