We know that you have many choices in selecting the best education for your child and we thank you for making PUSD your first choice. While every child living within PUSD boundaries is assured placement in their neighborhood school, a different campus might offer a specialized program or focus that better meets the interests and needs of the individual student. PUSD's annual winter Open Enrollment process offers families an opportunity to apply to attend a school other than their assigned neighborhood school in the next academic year.
Open Enrollment 2022-23
Sibling and Priority Applications: Eligible families may submit sibling & priority applications for Fall 2022
Sibling/priority applications will be available on this site beginning October 25, 2021.
October 25, 2021, 9AM - November 15, 2021, 4PM
- Sibling: Pre-enrollment applications for siblings of an enrolled PUSD student who will attend the same school/program at the same time (siblings must reside at the same address)
- Priority: PUSD students who are promoting to 6th or 9th grades and continuing in the same signature program-
- Arts Magnet: Altadena Arts Magnet to Eliot Arts Magnet; Eliot Arts Magnet to Muir Early College Magnet (Arts & Media)
- STEM/STEAM: Washington ES or Jackson ES STEM Program to Washington STEAM MS Program; Washington STEAM Magnet to Muir Early College Magnet (Engineering)
- Math Academy: Sierra Madre MS, McKinley, or Washington STEAM MS Math Academy Program to Pasadena High Math Academy Program
- International Baccalaureate (IB): Willard IB Program to Blair IB Program
Mandarin Immersion: Field to Sierra Madre MS, Sierra Madre MS Mandarin Immersion Program to Pasadena High Mandarin Immersion Program
Spanish Immersion: Jackson, Longfellow, or San Rafael Spanish Immersion Program to Blair or Washington Middle Spanish Immersion Program; Washington MS to Blair High Spanish Immersion Program
School of Residence Registrations: Families may register to attend their school of residence for Fall 2022
Pre-enrollment for schools of residence will be active beginning November 29, 2021.
Beginning November 29, 2021
- New to PUSD K-12 students who prefer their school of residence; kindergarten students must turn 5 by September 1, 2022
- New to PUSD students entering Transitional Kindergarten
- Current PUSD students who are promoting to 6th or 9th grades and prefer to attend their school of residence: pusd.us/findmyschool
Enrollment Lotteries: PUSD families may apply online to participate in the lottery for another PUSD school or a dual language immersion program for Fall 2022
The lottery site will be active beginning January 10, 2022 at 9AM.
Apply: January 10, 2022, 9AM - January 28, 2022, 4PM
Results Available Online: February 17, 2022 by 11:59PM
Register: February 18, 2022, 9AM - February 28, 2022, 4PM
- New and continuing K-12 students residing in PUSD may apply for schools other than the student’s school of residence or for a dual language immersion program
- Children of PUSD employees (verification required)
- Families who missed the sibling/priority application period
- First lottery participants not offered their 1st choice must select "Continue to Next Round" to be included in the second lottery
Apply: March 7, 2022, 9AM - March 11, 2022, 4PM
Results Available Online: March 18, 2022 by 11:59PM
Register: March 21, 2022, 9AM - March 25, 2022, 4PM
- New & continuing K-12 students residing in PUSD who missed the first lottery
Permit Requests: Families may submit Intradistrict & Interdistrict Permit Requests for Fall 2022
Beginning March 28, 2022
- Intradistrict permit requests for students new to PUSD after the close of the second enrollment lottery
- Interdistrict permits to enter PUSD from another district of residence*
March 28, 2022-August 4, 2022
- Requests to relinquish permits to return to school of residence
March 28, 2022-June 28, 2022
- Interdistrict permits to exit PUSD*
*Requires release from district of residence and acceptance by requested district per BP 5117
Assistance is available!
- All applications and forms are available online and may be completed wherever there is internet: home, school, libraries, community centers.
- Families may contact community assistants and registrars at school sites for support.
- Assistance is also available in-person by appointment at the PUSD Education Center, Room 123. To make an appointment, please call (626)396-3639.