Welcome To Child Welfare, Attendance, and Safety
The aspiration of the Child Welfare, Attendance and Safety Department is to promote student success. We believe in the fundamental principal of equity and fair treatment of all Pasadena Unified School District students. All students will be provided fair access and opportunity to comprehensive services that meet their needs. We strive to create a culture of collaboration by engaging community stakeholders, families, students, and staff in strategically addressing the barriers to student success.
Through communication, collaboration, and engagement, our team of experienced professionals deliver student, family and community services, maximizing school achievement for students at all levels of learning and overcoming the academic, social, emotional, or physical barriers which may impede student success.
We focus on areas of:
- Health and wellness
- Parent support and education
- School safety
- Immediate responsiveness to emerging issues
- Using multiple platforms to communicate timely information on district news, initiatives, programs, and events.
- Enrollment options and opportunities. · Fostering community engagement, feedback, and partnerships
- “Marketing” our programs, events and achievements
- Ensuring a welcoming environment in schools and offices throughout our District
- Continuously improving our quality systems and service delivery models
In December 2016, the Pasadena Unified Board of Education joined California educational institutions in approving the resolution 2386 “Safe Zones for Students Threatened by Immigration Enforcement.” Our schools will continue to be the anchors of our neighborhoods, where all students and their families are welcomed, valued, and supported. We will continue to collaborate with each other and our partners to achieve academic excellence, celebrate our strengths and cultural diversity.
Assistant Superintendent, School Support Services
626.396.3600 ext. 88238
Senior Administrative Assistant
626.396.3600 ext. 88238
Olga Vanessa Torres
626.396.3600 ext. 88231
Licensed Clinical Social Worker
626.396.3600 ext. 88233
Child Welfare Attendance and Safety Counselor
626.396.3600 ext. 88236
Foster Youth Liaison
626.396.3600 ext. 88248
626.396.3600 ext. 88232
Child Welfare, Attendance and Safety
For an appointment please call: 626.396.3609